I don't think it's ICH anymore

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Rulu25, Apr 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rulu25

Rulu25 Spaghetti Worm

Last week my Kole tang got ICH. Yesterday he died. That jerk seems to be responsible for killing the rest of my fish too, however, my one clown and mandarin only have a few white spots but they're covered in a film. My mandarin seems to be picking up sand as he goes along.

Now I think they're days are numbered anyway (mandarin breathing heavy, swimming sideways. Clown didn't eat today) but any info as what this could be would be great (maybe they can be saved! But I doubt it). Unless this film is a by product of ICH (if there Is such a thing) and it's too late. Also will this film hurt my coral cause I know ICH doesn't.

Long story short, I hate tangs and will never have one again. But it seems my family watching over my tank while I'm in Italy won't be hard if there are just a couple corals on there! HA!

AHHH I HATE TANGS!

Sent from my Tundabolt using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. Rulu25

Rulu25 Spaghetti Worm

Just fished out my mandarin....

Sent from my Tundabolt using Tapatalk

4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Film sounds like marine velvet.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Mandarins will secret a whitish film coating when stressed and as evolved posted you may want to look at marine velvet as well.

I am however leaning still towards MI, secondary to the tang being symptomatic and the issues you described in the last thread.

All fish can fall victim to MI if enough stress is present and their immunity is decreased. I believe what you were seeing with the mandarin is the mucous coating secreted when stressed.

Sorry for the loss of the fish. :-(