Urgent I don't know what to do!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by billyboy2, Feb 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Start treating them as soon as possible. This disease comes on strong and kills quickly.

Good luck!!

2. Click Here!

3. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

crap i don't got the coppersafe and cant get any until morning......any local people from winnipeg wanna help out?? ...jjkin.. i know the odds someone is from my area on here are slim to none lol. uh i guess they gonna have to do with the water change and me stopping melafix to keep them til morning. should i be attempting to feed still? i never have had a problem like this in all the time i've kept fish so i'm a noob at caring for sick fish

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Definitely try to get them to eat some healthy food.

5. billyboy2

ok i'll let you know whats up tomorrow morning...hope they make it. is it best to catch them before my lights come on or should i turn them off all together? i'm also unsure if i should put them into the QT then add the coppersafe and or the other way around and salinity 1.018 sound about right? just want to make sure i do all i can

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm sorry, I don't know. Hopefully someone on here will!

7. billyboy2

well i'm gong to bed...last check shows my foxface all camo floating at the top (was quite normal of mine before it was sick), both clowns snuggled up in their anemone. they aren't moving so i'd asume if they are still there and not eaten they're alive. wrasse and damsel ?? other stock no clue...mandrin's might be hiding well or else they died and i haven't found them.. i'm hoping my foxface pulls through he's the worst right now. I have a few options for what use in to copper treatment, what would be best? there's coppersafe by madrel, there's cuppermine by seachem, one by API and another that i can't remember. Also i'm reading up on Paraguard by seachem, wonder if this stuff would be an option and its copper free which is nice, or does it matter what kind?? hope someone corrects me if i'm going to something wrong, i'll check back in the morning before heading out to the fishstore for meds if there's live fish to treat by morning.

8. Click Here!

9. l400ex

l400ex Fire Worm

wow that sucks i cant help but good luck to you i hope thay make it

10. exoticsteve2001

exoticsteve2001 Feather Duster

I used ruby reefs kick-ich and rally together and it worked.That was before I got a uv sterilizer.I havent had to use anything since.

1 person likes this.
  11. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

I didn't post yesterday as I was considering what may be going on. From the pics, I would in no way have diagnosed velvet or ich. This thread ran off on assumptions. It appears more like another pathogen/disease. Since the fish are affected by something, your best bet is to treat the tank with Marine-Max by Tropical Science or a similar product to bolster their immune system and give them a fighting chance. I know it is difficult but don't panic! Don't start doing things without knowing what is happening. If the fish are going to die...they will. I understand your angst, I have been there many times. I have learned that our tanks are not immune to fate. Powder Browns are some of the most difficult fish to keep and can reek havoc in the way of disease. Look for an immune boosting product like the one mentioned.

1 person likes this.
  12. billyboy2

i agree not to start until i know...i started melafix originally because the only fish affected at that time was the foxface and his eyes were clouding up so i went gathered it was bacterial from the cloudy eyes. then the next day all fish affected...it wasn't easy to read off the foxface but with my clowns getting it made it clear to me...very visible just cant snap a good pict of the clowns who have burried themselves in my anemone. they definitly started with all having ich...i left the ich un treated but they definitly now have ich with velvet...the dusty covering on the clowns stands out easy and the white spots on the fins of my fish tells me they still have ich.