I cannot find my DB goby.

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Jimbo, May 22, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Plankton

Ok, I got a diamond back goby last week, and it was very sluggish and just stayed in the same spot on the sand...and not very active. So I thought it was just acclimating to the tank...

Two days later, I cannot find the fish anywhere in my tank. My tank is completely sealed on the top except a hole (quarter size). I only take the top off when I feed at night. I looked everywhere...and he just vanished into thin air. Now my only fish is a six-line wrasse in my tank...and he seems very happy.

Do DB gobies dig into the sand and hide, geez, I've combed every inch of that tank...and my tank isn't that big. I'm fairly certain that there isn't any predators either. Any ideas on how a goby can just disappear? :-/

I will continue to search for it...it's just very strange to not find a trace of it.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Let's see... I told you not to get one until your new tank matures and you get one anyway. >:(

my guess is that it is dead. you may never find it unless you take all the rocks out. look on the floor.
    ::)

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Plankton

Ok, now I can't find my six-line wrasse. I'm getting pissed. He was very active and healthy. It was very strange because at 8:00 PM, my girlfriend tested the water...and he was still swimming around...an hour later...no traces of him. What in the world is going on? I just might have a mass-murdering predator on the loose. And I will be unmerciful when I find it...whatever it is. And I'm going to comb my living room floor tonight...but I'm not hopeful that I will find anything on the floor.

I'm almost certain that it is not the water conditions because I tested everything...and if that is the case, I would have found a dead fish somewhere in the tank...and I can see almost every part of the tank. There is absolutely no signs of anything...just gone!

Only Speedo the Fire Shrimp is left...and I will be keeping a close eye on him. Come to think of it, I remember a week ago...one of my scarlet reef crab was ripped apart (I can see the the legs and meat) by something...and I thought it was the goby. But something is not adding up here. And the hunt begins...

Bad boys, Bad boys...Whacha gonna do when I come for U!!! i_am_in_hell

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I didn't want you to get a goby, not because of your water conditions, but because your sand bed is not mature and doesn't have enough food for him. :(

sounds like you have a mantis shrimp jimbo....