Resolved I can save my coral or is it to late?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Kristiavi, Mar 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

We used a rubberband (the xenia were the first corals we put in the tank). The smallest one slipped the rubberband and disappeared. I found it the next day attached to a tiny piece of rock in the sand, so then I could place it where I wanted.

We thought ours were goners too, they shrank up, stopped pulsing, lost most of their "fingers" and got really tiny. They're starting to recover now that the tank is maturing. Well, except that little one that is always the victim of some kind of mishap ending up upside down in the sand or on the rock. Pretty sure that one's not going to recover now, it just has the worst luck.

2. Click Here!

3. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

Great news, It looks like my xenia is going to make it! I used the needle and thread and tried it down to the live rock. It has been in the same position all day and has finally got comfortable enough to pulse again, and everything is working great! Although it is a lot smaller then when I bought it but im sure it shrunk from stress and everything. Thanks to everyone that helped. You saved my coral =]