I can finaly have a tank at work. Battey powered filters?

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Urban_s, Dec 27, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

First off I work for BOA(bank of america customer service).....Evil bank. But anyway I just got a memo stating that we can have a fish tank or bowl no bigger then 12''x12''x6''. No power filters and only gold fish. I think I am gunna just use a 2.5gal or a fish bowl that I have sitting around. I think the reason that I can not have any power filters is that they dont want us to plug anything in. So now I have to figure out how to battery power a a air pump and run it all the time for one of those simple filters. I am going to get some leds and a couple rechargable batterys for the lights. I have to have plants. I have seen battery powered air pumps but I dont know how long the run.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I would forsake the air pump and get a betta fish instead of a goldfish. If that's not something you want to do, you really won't need to add a filter or air stone to a small fish tank as long as you don't put too many fish into it and change the water every week or so.

P.S. I own a battery powered air pump and they get hot as hell so I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it running when I wasn't around to monitor it.

4. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

We can only have goldfish. Its weird. I wanted to put a plant in their. Lighting would be leds and batterys thats simple enough. But would I need something for water movement.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Very weird. How about a UPS battery backup from a computer?

6. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

8. Click Here!

9. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Just buy an orange betta and tell them that it is a goldfish. :)
    That's a Stupid rule. How many people are going to kill their goldfish at work because they don't know how to properly take care of them when a Betta is a much better choice. Anyone who thinks they can make an arbitrary rule about what type of fish you can keep on your desk deserves to be lied to.

Jim

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  10. Jaws_flounder

Jaws_flounder Plankton

Do not put a goldfish in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

that sounds like a good idea, i mean if they think a gf can be healthy in a bowl with no filters or air pumps they probably don't know what a betta is. and if they say"hey thats a betta!" say "yea aren't betta goldfish cool"

but i guess if you have a pc it may just be smarter to get a webcam for your home tank.