i am in desperate need of help

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by assortedoddies, Dec 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. assortedoddies

assortedoddies Plankton

i am a multiple freshwater tank keeper. some time ago i bought a 180 gallon tank that came with alot of extras including a fairly big trickle filter which at the time i knew nothing about them and didn't use it and incidentaly lost it in a break up .some years and alot of experience since i luckily reobtained the filter and as im about to get a reef tank want to use it but its a tad complicated as what i think the skimmer is built into it as well as some other things im unfamiliar with like a sealed cylinder with yellow tube coiling through it.for days ive been googleing and found an advert in the uk for the exact filter but its dated 2005 and turned out to be one of nothing but dead ends.the ad read thiel platinum series trickle filter.mine has sticker saying biozone .its avery darkly tinted acrylic PLEASE!! anyone that can help me get a manual or instructions of any kind or alead to a manufacturer or seller...ANYTHING .any ideas welcome
    thankyou for any help matthew montalto email

Attached Files:

• 167.jpg
      167.jpg
      File size:
      408.1 KB
      Views:
    • 168.jpg
      168.jpg
      File size:
      405.1 KB
      Views:
    • 169.jpg
      169.jpg
      File size:
      401.4 KB
      Views:
    • 171.jpg
      171.jpg
      File size:
      408.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

The yellow tube coiling thing your talking about might be some sort of nitrate filter, try to do a search for DIY nitrate reactors and maybe that will help. As for the filter, if you cant find any info on it, try posting up some pictures. I'm sure we all can help you get it up and running if we see what you have and need help with.

Try this site, maybe you can get an answer by posting in the forum as well. Hope it helps

4. assortedoddies

assortedoddies Plankton

thanks dada i think you are right as i seen a reference about that in the advert i found on the one for sale. gonna take some pics tomorrow

5. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

6. dreiling

dreiling Fire Shrimp

do you have a picture.
    sounds like a denitrator, sweet but read up on them first