Urgent Hurry my fish is sick!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by billyboy2, Feb 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Conor

Conor Fire Worm

If his eye(s) are cloudy thats more than likely a bacterial infection mostly caused by unclean water.

2. Click Here!

3. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

yeah just wanted to know if maracyn two would be my best option to treat the infection and if i can use it in my DT or if i need to use it in the DT to stop future infections?? as for the water the only thing i can think of is i had an ammonia spike up to .25 but i check regularly and it couldn't have been like that very long and was corrected quickly

4. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

I have had this EXACT same thing happen to a lionfish he was looking better, was eating back to normal and then dies overnight. You could use something like metaflex to treat a DT or Reefsafe. The clouding of the eyes tells me he's not getting better(sorry to say) If you cant put him in a QT (which would be very hard but best) You can take reefsafe and tripple the dose (i've done it in my DT lots) Its a slow working medication but it works well and is very safe. The clouding of the eyes with the spots that fade in and out makes me think it's the new strain of ich going around. But it could be various other things as well. I would treat with Reefsafe myself. Or metaflex if you can find it

5. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

i haven't started treating yet as he is still eating but yeah you hit the nail on the head but the spots aren't white....well there are some but the other marks i'm trying to point out might be mistaken for dirty glass but on the belly of the fish in the bright yellow there are dark spots and a line. that is what i'm trying to treat along with the cloudy eyes. I just don't want to start to dose my DT with Melafix which is all i can find at the moment until i found out others experiences....i don't want to try to catch it cause it will stress him out more and make things worse. just was concerned about the effects on my reef