hungry hungry anemones

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by david, Apr 4, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

How often does every body feed their anemones. I have been feeding mine every other day, some times every third day. If I can't be around. They always seem ready to eat. Should I feed them every day I can? Or twice in one day? Any help with this one? these pics don't do them justice

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Here's the BTA notice he has no bubble tips?

Attached Files:

4. Pipe_Organ

Pipe_Organ Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I feed my BTA every 3 days. My clown actually feeds it. The anenome appears to be happy, it split about 2 months ago.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

{b]Every 2 - 3 days should be plenty. Your clown will attempt to store food in the host anenome that is actually eaten by the BTA.[/b]

6. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

O.K. so even if their huge and begging only 2-3 days.
    Whats your advise on feeding of stoneys bubbles, hammers etc. craig? 1 time a week is what I do is that cool?

7. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Oh yeah, The BTA has no clown host should he be fed more?

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

First off - Anenome police here - anenomes host the clowns, not the other way around.

These are general guidelines:

I don't target feed any of my sofy corals. They are primarily filter feeders that occasionaly pick off some free floating krill or mysis shrimp.

LPS can be target fed and small meaty chunks delivered directly via a turkey baster is a good method.

SPS obtain 90%+ of their nutrional requirements via photosynthesis. Specific feeding is not required.

All corals will obtain food in your aquarium through normal channels. Corals will, based on their dietary needs, eat planktonic food (zo and phyto) as well as bacteria. Bacteria is obtained in the water column every time you clean the glass.

HTH

10. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

You got me on the hosting thing I knew that but just miss spoke or wrote. What I want to know is how often do you target feed your LPS? Since they do obtain food from the water column

11. Craig Manoukian

I don't.

I feed mysis daily. 2 - 3 times per week I add Zoe vitamins and cyclopeze to the mysis. Everybody fends for themselves and so far, so good.