How Would You Stock A 120 Gallon

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by AdamS, Mar 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

yeah... do you understand the lighting/flow/nutrient requirements of sps/ anemones?

2. Click Here!

3. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

sadly i dont im new to this really...some help would be nice :)

4. patrick824

alright well let me tell you keeping sps/ anemones is extremely expensive. they require heavy lighting (metal halide, T5), good flow, and a good skimmer. sps are kept healthy with calcium dosing and reactors are recommended. i dont have the cash or time to keep sps but if you truly want to, read up on it here! you will find some great advice

5. AdamS

that doesnt sound so good anymore haha....dont want to buy a calcium reactor. i heard big soft corals might work hows that sound?

6. patrick824

sort corals are nice, but will be filet mignon to tangs, angels, and triggers. i just noticed you live in the bay? what city?

7. AdamS

redwood city how bout you? do the anemones need anything special besides flow?

8. Click Here!

9. patrick824

i live in alamo, by walnut creek. and anemones require strong lighting with pristine water conditions... flow is important but lighting and water are much more important

10. AdamS

so with the triggers its basically a bad idea because they are messy. man is there anything that would work haha or is it going to be a straight fowlr

11. patrick824

hey its just my opinion but i love wrasses! haha ive got a foxface rabbitfish that is awesome you could look at those. im assuming you have a tank already... what equipment do you have?

12. AdamS

actually i dont have a running tank all i have is the tank and a wet dry that i may sell for a sump because its small for a skimmer. wrasses for me are ok i mean they arent special to me...i like tangs but other fish for reefs that are safe arent very interesting i just dont know. most fish i like arent reef safe its wierd for me but just live rock seems a little boring