How Would You Stock A 120 Gallon

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by AdamS, Mar 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

hah i dont know about reefs i mean there isnt as many fish that interest me in reefs. i mean ya theres tangs but thats basically it. i mean i like the corals but i dont know. if you could give me a stock list that would help...not sure about wrasses

2. Click Here!

3. AdamS

what i want to try and do is sps and anemones with tangs,triggers and angels. could this work?

4. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

well that would be a reef :)

and its tough with triggers and angels you have to be careful with them + corals. also in a 120 you would be very limited with angels and tangs

5. AdamS

ya what i was thinking was a sailfin for a tang and a emperor for an angel

6. patrick824

ive got a powder brown tang and a rusty angel in my 90 reef and they do fine.

7. AdamS

as far as trigger what could i do and how many? i always kind of wanted 2 but may be a little crowded with the other fish although ive seen more crowded...what do you think

8. Click Here!

9. patrick824

i am not sure. i have always liked huma humas but my lfs always gives me 1000 reasons not to. 120 is pretty big, but a trigger, let alone 2, would be pushing it i think.

10. AdamS

ya cuz if i got two there would be virtually no room for the angel i bet because they all like swiming around a lot and same with tangs. im stcuk between a niger, humu and clown trigger and im pretty set on a emperor angel after i saw 2 nice ones at my lfs yesterday. I just dont know what else to put...very hard decision thats why i am asking for help from more experienced people who knows what works and what doesnt hah

11. patrick824

yeah i understand. i am experienced with most fish besides puffers and triggers... the clown trigger is sure awesome though. if i were you i would get the emperor and a clown trigger in a fish only tank and then go from there

12. AdamS

ya and if i feel like an anenome i might try that with a clown or 2 just for some movement or just get 2 small sps that arent to much money and let them grow.