How Would You Stock A 120 Gallon

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by AdamS, Mar 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

its wierd for me though simply because i think that bigger fish are nicer than a bunch of smaller fish because i find that the bigger ones have more striking colors and are more interactive. but you are right about being able to add coral whenever you hae the max amount of fish. I think what i might do is do what i said above as far as putting in a trigger that isnt prone to nip certain corals and an angel to and then add fish that would be in a reef if that makes sense. The thing is that i love certain tangs like the sailfin but other than that the other reef fish arent to interesting..well at least the ones ive seen

2. Click Here!

3. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

There are some fish that can be very interesting and colorful. Orange and purple anthias are a good example as is the royal gramma and are reef friendly but should go in early. Remember that fish that are docile need to go in the tank early so they get some tenure there. New fish seem to respect the fish that are in the tank except when they are the same spieces moreso than if you try to put them in later. Again read up on compatibility and reef friendly fish if you want to go that way. Just start out with a couple of percula clowns and take your time. I've never bought a fish that I didn't read up on first. Get your proper progression going but it can always change. I originally wanted a Flame angel but saw this lemonpeel angel in a tank with predators scared out of it's wits. I rescued him out of there and I still have him. He nipped at a gonipora that I had and killed it but that's the way it goes. Here's a few pics of my fish. Good luck.:)

Attached Files:

4. AdamS

does your asfur angel nip at any of the corals? what i wanted to do was get a emperor angel and a trigger and then get a sailfin tang and possible another tang like a purple, 2 clowns and maybe 2 smaller angels like coral beauty and flame. how do you think a clown trigger would do compared to a niger? and then with those i would add some misc corals/ anemones

5. AdamS

what fish list would you suggest as far as aggressive fowlr

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

lionfish
    eel
    triggerfish
    puffer

thats what i would do. they all get pretty good sized, pick the eel trigger and puffer you like. lionfish, i would go with something beside a volitan, that way its easier for the fish to dodge spines.

7. AdamS

what about a tang to for all the algea too?

8. Click Here!

9. AdamS

would it be possible for 2 triggers in my tank or would there be a problem with that assuming i want to add a large angel also

10. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

i think a medium sized pterodactyl would look magnificent in there!

11. AdamS

12. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

im joking im joking. we 3reefers tend to get a bit sarcastic. its all in good fun though. i think you could make an awesome reef tank depending on your budget. ever looked into wrasses?