How Would You Stock A 120 Gallon

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by AdamS, Mar 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

i also like butterfly fish so does anyone know which one would be a good fit? i like the heniochus and saddleback. Also would a dwarf lion be a bad idea with the other fish i would want? I really like vol. lions but it limits my fish list to mostly bigger fish.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Saddle back is beautiful! :) Isn't the Heniochus also known as a morish idol?

4. AdamS

no but it is a moorish idol look alike. from what i know they are easier to care for from moorish idols. Anyone have any ideas on some good tank mates for the 2 triggers, puffer an eel? im still stuck on the rest of the tank mates.

5. AdamS

anyone got any ideas...if so just throw them out there.

6. AdamS

just any fish ideas at all just post ur ideas to help me decide...so far its
    -Niger Trigger
    -Humu Trigger
    -Dogface Puffer
    -Snowflake eel

7. AdamS

Here are some of the fish i would be interested in adding
    -Any Butterfly
    -Foxface
    -Clownfish
    -Damsel
    -Any Angel
    -Any Tang
    -Bird Wrasse
    -Dragon Wrasse
    And thats basically what i would be interested in putting in...of course not adding all of those.....so if anyone can tell me which would work and fill it in with any of the fish that i say (any) next to. thanks

8. Click Here!

9. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I must say, you have perhaps had the most comprehensive fish list thread I've seen. It's been almost 2 months now. How is your tank doing? Have you cycled yet? I like you fish list. Have you added any fish yet?

10. AdamS

sadly i cant get the rest of the money together to get my tank started which sux so for now im just trying to get a good list together so i have something to look forward to. I still need to go buy a tank for my sump which i will probably have done by next weekend and if everything works out then i will get $150 bucks from a hockey playoff pool im in and my team only needs to win one more and i got it. Enough about that tho ha....I also need to get some base rock but the good news is i have some bowl rock already and some of the rock is pretty porous so.....Man its hard looking at my empty tank haha. would you suggest i put egg crate on the botom of my tank b4 i stack the rock? Also do you have any ideas on the fish? thanks

11. AdamS

somone has to have some ideas on what other fish i should and could add. Again this is the list as of now
    -Niger Trigger
    -Humu Trigger
    -Dogface Puffer
    -Snowflake Eel

12. Estee

Estee Bristle Worm

Since you seem very new to SW in general, hence this 2 month old thread asking the same thing again and again, I would recommend you start out with a couple of Damsels or Chromies and then go from there. Good luck.