How Would You Stock A 120 Gallon

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by AdamS, Mar 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

well i know that i want an aggressive tank/ predator tank so thatl narrow it down but im not sure on the amount of fish i could keep.

2. Click Here!

3. AdamS

Well the two fish i want the most are the puffer and trigger. So to start with the trigger here are the questions. How many triggers...either 1 or 2? What type or types of triggers? Then i want a dogface puffer and basically will build around these fish. so anyone have any ideas? thanks

4. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

2 triggers could work just try to stay with ones that stay under 5" or 6". The huma huma falls into that catagory. Now here are a couple ideas for a second. I can't remember triggers fighting. I like the Hawaiian Black trigger when they are available. The blue throat or the Saragasum trigger has gotten good reviews here. Anyway here are some ideas.
    Red Tail Triggerfish
    Trigger Fish, saltwater fish aquarium - Aquatic Connection

5. AdamS

ok so the humu is on the list and for the other i was thinking either a niger, bursa, rectangle or the black trigger(if i could get one). so now its the 2 triggers and dogface. what could i do next?

6. AdamS

so after the 2 triggers and the puffer what else would be ok with them? Some fish i have been thinking about are snowflake eel, some tang, lionfish, foxface, wrasse of some sort. Anybody with suggestions please leave a reply. thanks

7. AdamS

well i just read an article an says that the triggers are ok with smaller aggressive fish and also is good with larger more peacefull fish so any ideas for tank mates?

8. Click Here!

9. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

2 triggers and a puffer and what else.. Wrasse is a good idea. Groupers can get hostile I've heard. 2 clowns. Like I said before get all the other fish before you put a tang in there. How about an asphur angel or majestic angel? We're already at or past maximum. A 120 gal tank is not that big and I think I know from experience. Go slow...;)

10. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Adam, sorry haven't been in touch for a while... was traveling... But i see from your thread that you are still figuring out what fish you should add. I think you got great advice from other members... so just do your research and then set your priorities ... after learning about each fish requirements...
    Best of luck to you... and can't wait for those pics of your tank!!!

11. AdamS

ive been looking for what fish would be a good choice to keep them with but im not finding much so if anyone has any ideas leave a reply please

12. AdamS

I do like large angels but dont know which kind and i like wrasses too but same problem as i dont know which but most likely dragon. I really am interested in the snowflake eel but dont know what else i could keep if i had the eel, 2 triggers an puffer.