How Would You Stock A 120 Gallon

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by AdamS, Mar 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I'd read up on that eel and see what they eat. If smaller fish will be ok with the eel then you could start out with two percula type clowns. A diamond goby for a sand sifter. A Royal Gramma baslett type of fish.

2. Click Here!

3. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

well i just looked and basically if its well fed it isnt likely to eat smaller fish but it is possible. Do you think the gobie would be a problem with the eel because they will share the same realestate? Also could i add a dragon wrasse or some other wrasse 2? What other fish would you suggest that could work? thanks

4. AdamS

well i looked and i cant have a gobie or a baslett so what else do you suggest besides the clowns because i think they will work. So if anyone has any ideas on anything else to add please let me know.

5. AdamS

Anyone got any ideas of what else i can do?

6. AdamS

anyone out there with any advice?

7. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Haven't been in touch because I was in Germany for business....
    So, you still haven't decided how to stock your tank? Is it up and running yet...

8. Click Here!

9. AdamS

no on both your questions. i need to sell something then i can start it up. Anyone have ideas for stocking? So far it is for sure
    -Humu Trigger
    -Niger Trigger
    -Dogface Puffer
    -Snowflake Eel
    I just need to know what else to add so if anyone has ideas please share them. thanks

10. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Hey Adam, your trying to reinvent the wheel here! Follow the rules of the hobby or don't waste your money. Your constantly challenging reason and you may find someone who agrees with you but that's not the way to go about this.
    Look man, I've been with you on this thread for a long time and I don't mean to sound rude but I figure if your a guy trying out this hobby and your here at 3reef gathering information for your future tank I would think that you would be more inclined to listen to reason. I've seen a guy and I'm not mentioning who, that built a VERY expensive huge reef tank beyond your wildest dreams and overstocked the tank after fellow reefers like myself warned him against it and now over half of the stock died within days. Look do what you want but you'll find out the hard way just like many of us did. Just trying to help.;)

11. AdamS

ok then what list do you suggest? after all thats all im trying to figure out i mean im just trying to find things that could work...i am listening to everyones opinion and im trying to find a list that i will be happy with an will work so if you have any list in mind let me know. thanks

12. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

That list is in the sanctum of your mind. You get that list by reading and going to fish stores and talking to the customers and smart employees. You want it to be special and mean something to you and get the personal gratification you deserve and say when it's done "I did this". I can't give you lists because there are too many things that can change them. Availability might be a problem, some fish take an experinced hobbyist to handle properly, etc. Read compatability charts.;)