How would you ship a lobo brain....From CA to NC

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Craft kid21, Apr 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

my cuzing in CA.....(Tropical addiction) is shipping a lobo brain from CA to NC, i was wondering what is the best way to do it and how much would it cost?

2. Click Here!

3. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

I would get a large tupperware container, put that in a sealed zip-loc bag, double bag it, seal it in a double box, packed tight with shredded newspaper or polyfill or similar (not peanuts!), and ship it express overnight. Put "UP" arrows on it, and inform them it's a live animal, temperature sensitive (perishable)... Have them hold it for pickup and be at the airport when it gets in.

Cost? Probably at least $40-50, more depending on size/weight.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I shipped corals before, I would double bag it, tie the top tight and use an insulated box. You can either buy one or use house insulation. I just line the box with it, put the coral in, add some more insulation to make sure it doesn't move, then add a heat pack if necessary. Seal the box up and ship overnight. Depending on what company you use and how much it weighs, it will probably cost between $50-75.

5. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

They are not the hardies animal as is. I would only buy that at the LFS that had it for a while or maybe Liveaquaria considering their reputation.