How was your experience with aquarium sitters?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 20, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

How was your experience with aquarium sitters?

1. Good.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. Bad.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. So so.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I have a great Tank sitter. his tanks are always cleaner than mine. He has been known to water the gardens too.

It's my wife I have to worry about. LOL

J

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

does he travel? :)

I like Bruce's web cam idea.

( Thanks for the welcomes! )

4. giopimentel

giopimentel Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Well I recently came back from Tampa to find out that my house almost burnt down because of an over flow from my top tank. Not quite sure how it really happened, but I'm just glad that I didnt lose everything especially my house. Everything is settled now, but man is that scary.

1 person likes this.
  5. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

That's my biggest fear. I keep all my power strip on the wall and a smoke alarm over my tank. My husband says that I over do it, but from reading what you said, you can never be to careful when there's water next to alot of electrical power.

Karma for your home.

6. Pete

Pete Astrea Snail

I made my first trip away from my 6 month old reef tank just a short while ago. My sitter did fine and no tragedies. I'm planning a 2 week trip at the end of August out of the country. I'm sweating that one, but will have grown daughter house-sit/tank-sit. Thinking about being away though has made me think about ways to automate the process i.e. timers for lighting, auto top-off etc.. I've read lots of helpful stuff by the rest of you here on 3reefs.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Lol, well my first update from my tanksitter is all good. He was just relaxing in my yard soakin up the sun...ha! He said all the fish were good though...but then again....i suppose he doesnt really know how many i have....maybe i should told him....o well. ><

8. Click Here!

9. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

I am curious what you guys are paying for your sitting services and how often these sitters are visiting your house to check in on your tank.

10. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

I just returned from an overseas trip followed by a few days at the beach with the family. One of my daughter's teen-aged friends dog- and aquarium-sat. The dog survived. Three of my seven fish also survived.

Nonetheless, I paid him $10 per day for 4 days of house-sitting. He stopped by 3 times each day.