How to post Pictures on 3Reef

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Articles and How To's' started by lunatik_69, Aug 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

How to post pictures on 3Reef.

This question has been ask by many people and many times. There are a couple of ways to accomplish this. One way is to upload the pics using 3Reef's attachment when posting on a thread. Unfortunately, sometimes the pics have to be re-sized due to the limited "space" available when up-loading. As a result, the pics are usually too small to appreciate and may frustrate the "poster".

Another alternative is to open an account with an outside imaging web site like Photobucket. Most, if not all, are free and will not cost you a thing to register. There are others like Imageshack and Kodakgallery to name a few. I have found this method to work the best when you want to share your priceless pictures with the world.

There are many cameras out there with many types of memory options. Some use CD's, SD cards and even Micro-SD cards. I use a card reader attached to the computer via the Host Controller port.

The next few steps is an example of how to post pics with Photobucket.
    After you have registered, you will see a box that states Upload Images and Videos. Click the box that states "choose files". That will take you to a Sub screen from your computer. Click on the computer icon on the left hand side and click on the removable disk icon. After clicking on the file that has your pictures, click on the little box at the top right hand corner that says "veiw menu" and click on the "thumbnails". This will allow you to actually see the pics instead of the image numbers. Double click on the pic that you want and wait until it is up loaded. Once up loaded, you have the option to title each picture as you would like. When you drag the mouse cursor onto the pic, it will show you a menu option.

E-mail & IM
    Direct link
    HTML Code
    IMG Code

Click on the IMG Code, copy & paste that directly onto the thread that you are posting on. Once you are finished with that, the pics will come out automatically on the thread. My favorite feature is that your able to "double" click on the pictures and get an incredible close up. I hope this article can help and shed some light on how to post pictures of 3Reef. Good luck and happy reefing.

Luna

<FORM id=frmUploadComplete method=post name=frmUploadComplete action="">

</FORM>

4 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

cool write up Luna

hopefully, this will result in an increase of images accompanying posts

and good sized images are going to be really helpfull on the "ID this" thread

Steve

1 person likes this.
  4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Sticky Please ;)
    And please, people, follow the PhotoBucket method. You can attach the files here on 3Reef, but I just hate waiting for a 1/4 scale photo to load ;)

5. jaredrthrbswimn

jaredrthrbswimn Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I'm a fan of the photobucket method. Gets the biggest images and you don't have to click on them like the attachments do.

6. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

So I finally get around to trying it out hope this works

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some recent pictures of corals in my tank

Steve

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Great pics my friend, really nice a round.

Luna

10. snowcrabpg

snowcrabpg Plankton

[​IMG]

I made this for a member of another forum showing what it should look like BEFORE the post is made.

This is assuming that the image has already been uploaded to an external site like photobucket.com or what ever.

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Thanks! This was quite helpful.