how to get green star polyps to grow on glass?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by brunoboarder244, Nov 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

i just got a frag of green star polyps and have seen some cool things where people grow them on the back wall of their tank and it looks kind of cool and would like to know how it is done?

2. Click Here!

3. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Alot of people place them on the back wall, they grow fast so if you have a rock or something you can use to prop them up against the wall, in a week or 2 they should take hold and then remove the rock and they will start to spread, or you can glue the frag to your back wall, but im not sure if you really want to do this..

1 person likes this.
  4. brunoboarder244

thanks, i guess ill try the rock method

5. scadsobees

scadsobees Fire Shrimp

I have some small magnets I used on some xenia to hold it there till it took "root". You need a fairly large, flat frag for that, though.

1 person likes this.
  6. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Yea agreed I recently tried gluing ours TWICE! it fell off both times, so I am now propping it up with a rock, in hopes it will spread

1 person likes this.
  7. brunoboarder244

thanks for the info everyone ;D

8. Click Here!

9. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Be careful what you wish for...

Many who do this end up regretting it later, and it's difficult to remove them once they take hold.

10. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

A hammer and chisel will get them off, no prob!

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Yeah, I did this. You can super glue it to coralline on the glass. Glue won't hold directly on glass.

It will eventually reach the bottom of the glass where it will then proceed to grow sneakily through the substrate and silently pop up on the rock work where you can't see it. It will then spread too much for you to do anything about it by the time you notice it in the middle of your rockwork. :eek:

I have the problem now actually. Thankfully I'm moving next week. I will be getting rid of all GSP at that time. Never again. :)

Good luck

P

12. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Yikes! your actually scaring me haha, I want it on the glass, I guess I'll have to keep a close Eye on it, it doesnt grow overnight kind of thing though so I'm sure I'll just have to monitor it