How to fill your R/O jugs without flooding the floor

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Articles and How To's' started by lunatik_69, Aug 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kim

kim Astrea Snail

What a GREAT idea !

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Thanks all, sometimes the light bulbs turns on:idea: without blowing a fuse. lol

Luna

4. Sco-tie

Sco-tie Bristle Worm

isnt the level floating inside the tray?? so it wouldnt make much difference if it were in the jug.

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

It only starts to float around after the jug is full and overflows into the pan. The level has to be parallel to the alarm part. Once it starts to float away from the alarm section, thats when the alarm goes off. The two sections have to be together from the start. Dont take this in a wrong way, but analyze what your saying.

Luna

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  6. Sco-tie

Sco-tie Bristle Worm

i didnt need to analyse what i was saying i just needed to know how the buzzer works. and seeing how it works now it makes sence

7. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

Pretty good idea! It beats my method of filling up the jugs in the sink and having to guess when they are done, not trying to waste RO water!

8. Click Here!

9. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

I think there is a sensor at home depot you can buy that is similar to that one, but it actually alarms when it senses water.. might be better for this appplication.. I will see if I can find the link