HOw to become a mod?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by elweshomayor, May 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meez

Meez Plankton

Did some construction in my teens and was sent to the hardware store for new bubbles for my boss level.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

:hehe:

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

A wire stretcher? I've used wire stretcher most of my life. Not so much in the past ten years but almost daily from 16-early 30's. Looked just like this one. Specail Speeco #WS161115 Fence Wire Stretcher : WS161115 - Buy.com But of course you weren't building fence. LOL

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I can imagine that being a Mod is somewhat akin to fighting off an angry mob with a spork. :D LOL

Or at least it feels that way at times I'm sure.

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

LOL A thankless (for the most part) responsibility I'm sure.

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Don't we all, my dad pulled some carpenter one's on me and my brother when we were working with him, not to count the rest of the guys.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

In my finishing field, the one that had me, and has had any "fresh guy" is the "lacquer thinner in a cup" joke.

In my very first week as a furniture finisher apprentice, I was sent to the back of the shop with a 32oz Styrofoam cup to get "exactly half that cup of lacquer thinner".

So there I went with my cup to the 50 gallon drum, pump a little less of half, then pump some more and just about the time I'm lifting the cup to see if my measurements were correct, those 16oz of lacquer thinner melted the Styrofoam and poured on me, from my stomach to my toes.

I don't know if you ever worked with lacquer thinner, but if you do, do not attempt to put it in a Styrofoam cup. It will melt the cup like a hot knife on a butter stick.

And also, I had to deal with the itchy irritation this substance brings to the sensitive skin. And I mean all sensitive skin!!

From there on, I always warned the "fresh guys" not to lift the cup very high though by saying "the best way to check the right amount is to hold the cup away from you when you look at it".... sometimes, this has kept my co-workers mad since that hinted the "fresh guy" about the forthcoming joke.

- Mag.

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Black is black. There is no light black. That would be grey, or gray. Whichever you prefer. I use grey because firefox's spell checker thinks I misspell it that way when I know either way is acceptable.

Prop wash is an effect that a boat prop has on the water that it hits. It's the turbulence behind the boat's prop. I will be making some prop wash this weekend. I can send whomever needs some a bunch of it if need be.

btw, I use cancelled with 2 "l"'s because it looks better in my eyes, and because firefox says it's canceled with one "l". Both are correct.

When someone made liquid smoke for the first time, I am sure a few eyebrows were raised as well.

11. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I know exactly how that feels, since I was looking at my 70 year old friend with the meanest of the looks when he said "You! Argentinean and all that! Did you ever tried "liquid smoke" on your steaks?"

I only raised 1 eyebrow though.... I know... I know... the "the rock" thing, but it definitely has a different impact on people regardless. :)

12. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

How to become a mod?
    Simple….

you need to follow the yellow reef barrier.
    Sing along with the button-polyp guild
    Dodge flying batfish
    Befriend a lionfish, scary-crow fish and a tin/tang fish
    Talk to the funny little kingfish behind the polyp Curtin
    Retrieve the elusive broom eel from the wicked deep
    than you need to click your heals together 3 times and say “there’s no better site than 3reef”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.