How to attach my Zoas to Live Rock?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by xJamesC28, Apr 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xJamesC28

xJamesC28 Bristle Worm

Hey, It's a bit annoying having my Zoas on a piece of Frag Rock and I want to attach them to the Live rock. How do I attach them to it? I know to use superglue but do I just try to rip them (Not Literally) off the Frag Rock?

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I wouldn't do anything. Eventually the zoa will grow over the frag rock and on to your live rock. Won't even know its there.

4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Oh and when that happens, you can break the frag rock off and sell it. Eventually the surrounding Zoas will fill in the missing gap.

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

+1

If it really bothers you, you can cut them off with a smooth, clean blade and adhere them with super glue gel, but IMO thats a bunch of work and risk with little reward, since they will eventually cover the whole thing.

6. xJamesC28

xJamesC28 Bristle Worm

I don't mind waiting but how will I break the frag rock off if there are zoas on it? Thanks :)

7. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Cut around it and pull the frag plug off of the rock. Gluing zoas is tricky. More often than not, soft coral will detach from the glue after a day or 3. You can take the zoas and cut them from the frag, place them on the rock and cover them with some type of netting. As already said, that's a lot of work though.

8. Click Here!

9. DrewSk

DrewSk Feather Duster

likely the zoas will grow onto the rock around it, so you can just pull the frag rock off. you will lose the zoas on the rock, but the other zoas will fill in the hole