How to attach LTA anemones?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Boywithafishtan, Apr 28, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

Hey guys,

So i've got this extremely beautiful LTA anemone, which looks really healthy and has alot of color, (Its a metallic green, red base). My clarkiis love it aswell, but the problem is that I have no idea how to attach it! I've had anemones before and they usually attach after some time, and I've of course only had this guy for about 3 days, so it might take some time. But I would like to get some tips from you guys, because I've tried everything, like making a hole in the sand and putting its foot in there but it just doesn't even want to try to attach. I'm 99,999% sure that he is very healthy, since his foot is rather sticky, and he has no wounds or loss of coloration, he is completely fine. He is really huge too. Here is a video of him so that you can see him.

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

It will attach when it finds a suitable home. Never heard of being able to force it to attach.

4. Boywithafishtan

Okay, thats nice to hear. No, sorry if I put it the wrong way, but I dont want to force it, just want it to attach at some point so it can move around as it wants etc :)

5. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

In the past, I used a "cage" made of the square light diffuser. Turned the flow WAY down and put the cage with the anem in it on top of the rock work. Kinda gives him a chance to hold on without anything (especially my clowns) bugging it.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

It kind of looks footed in the video. obviously you can't see the bottom but it's staying pretty still with the clowns going in and out so vigorously.

7. Boywithafishtan

I can see the bottom from the side, and its not attached, but it does sit in a rather good spot right there, so its stuck and cant float away with the current. Yeah, the clowns are pretty aggressive rubbers, but it seems to stay nicely in place and enjoying it :) Still no problems spotted, other than that it doesn't want to attach yet.