how safe are online coral vendors?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by REEFerMADNESS88, Nov 3, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REEFerMADNESS88

REEFerMADNESS88 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I understand this is kind of a loaded question but How often do you guys orders livestock offline from say Liveaquaria.com? I will be purchasing my first corals soon and i have always been a fan pf keeping it local. However these sights have a really awesome selections. I suppose my question is what is the success rate for mailing live corals being as sensitive as they are?

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I bought countless corals, fish and other inverts from Liveaquaria, with only a few rare instances did I have to contact customer service.

Reefcorner is another favorite of mine, great shipper, nice nice guy.

4. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

It varies from store to store. I've read awesome things about a store in one or few reviews then another horrible things. I usually go by who has the best reviews and best guarantees.

5. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

Liveaquaria and bluezooaquatics always seem to give me much larger pieces than advertised. Just received a peach digitata from LA today actually, sold as 1"-2" and this sucker is huge. At least 5" tall with 6 branches.

Past sps orders from BZA have came with Acro crabs in the pieces. Pretty cool. I'd recommend both those vendors.

6. Kajung2k

Kajung2k Astrea Snail

The ones I tend to stay away from are the ones that don't have a doa policy, don't have positive reviews and are not sponsors on the forums. I have found that the ones that are sponsors are more likely to come to some sort of agreement when it comes to doa and or unhealthy animals.

Sataly likes this.
  7. Jim Bonds

Jim Bonds Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Usually I go directly to auquaculture facilities like Pacific East (Maryland) or Tropicorium (Michigan). I live in VA and my in-laws are in MI. But last night I decided to take a shot at online and I ordered some frags from aqua-sd on ebay. I'll let you know what I think when they arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

8. Click Here!

9. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

Good luck!

10. Kajung2k

Kajung2k Astrea Snail

AquaSD is a very known place in San Diego. Very reputable and great service. I do not think you would have issues with them.

11. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

Just ordered from aqua-sd as well. Extremely pleased. They even gave me some freebies. Good Luck!

12. REEFerMADNESS88

REEFerMADNESS88 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

cool thanks for the advice:)