how often to feed?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by jokaz82, Jul 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

theres probly 5+ auto feeders models on drsfostersmith, some have more/better features than other all around $30 bucks.. fyi

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

ive got an autofeeder. i like but it but uive found 2 drawbacks with it. ive found too many pellets come out because of their relative size. and also found that the flake can sometimes get "sticky". where you dont always get the proper portion that i want fed if im using it. but overall ive found them good in a pinch if needed.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

2 clowns, 1 blenny, 1 coral beauty

I feed 2x a week if I think about it. Often just 1x a week. They have frequently gone 2 weeks without being fed by me. I also broadcast feed the coral about 1x a week and the fish get some then too. A lot of fish can find their own food growing naturally, pods, etc.

I've had the clowns almost 2 years like that now and they're not skinny or anything.

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

Used to feed every other day but on current tank I feed twice daily.

6. MOTLEY MICK

MOTLEY MICK Plankton

I feed a large meal twice a day for about 12 fish (Tangs,Angels,puffers, trigger, clowns, goby, etc.).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. dkpnmn

dkpnmn Astrea Snail

Feeding really is a personal thing, and dependant on the appetite of the fish you own. That being said, I feed 5 times a week and usually more times rather than less. The way they go bananas for the Mysis when I do tells me it would probably bum them out if I tried to stretch it. With a good cleanup crew and Skimmer, you should be able to feed your tanks every day.