how much would it cost???

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by con999, Apr 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

hey

well for a little in i right now have 2 tanks one is a 26 gallon reef tank, and the other is a 30 gallon seahorse tank. i have been relly wanting to upgrade the 29 gallon to a 40 gallon breeder. right now it has a 10 gallon sump so it is a total of 34 gallons. i would keep the 29 a a fuge for the 40. and i oversized all my equipment so i could upgrade latter.

so if i have evrything i need, how much would a 40 gallon tank drilled ith a bean animal coast to coast overflow with a costom build stand cost. the stade would be nothing fancey since it is just in my room. its going to be a plane.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

You will probably spend around $200 to $300.

4. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Who's doing the build? You or a LFS/Professional? That will determine your price. Add 30% to the $300 if you have someone else build it.

5. con999

im going to be building the stand, but ill buy a tank from somewere

6. con999

and how much more would it cost to build a canopy

7. con999

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

The canopy would be relatively inexpensive to build. I couldn't tell you an exact number though.

10. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

Depends on the wood you use. I am a carpenter so it could cost you $50 or it could cost you $300. Its all on what you want to put into it. If it were me, I would do it right the first time and build a quality stand and hood. I think if your going to do all the building than it wont cost you more than $150 for all the materials. Now, the material I am talking about at $150 is not knotty pine or cherry wood but you can get some decent solid ply wood and prime and paint it. You will never know the difference :)

11. con999

lol well i dont have much money and i just got my first job(im only 14) so i would have to relyl cheep on the wood. right now im thinking painted ply wood with a 2 by 4 frame.