How much to feed

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by keifer905, Jan 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. keifer905

keifer905 Peppermint Shrimp

he gets some of the mysis

2. Click Here!

3. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

I have 1 shrimp in my 10 gallon salt water nano tank. I also have a clown fish & beautiful sea anenome,a crab, 4 corals & various snails. ( astrea & nassarius ) In fact, I think I have more snails than I need. I feed every other day. My water tests well in all areas. Should I feed more often to give the snails enough to eat ?

4. oceansurf

I have a 10 gallon salt water nano tank with 1 beautiful sea anemome, 1 clown fish, 1 crrab, 1 shrimp, 7 astrea snails & 7 nassarius snails. Unfortunately I put fine gravel down as a substrate instead of sand. I'm not sure the nassarius can get beneath it. I feed every other day. Should I change that to once a day so there is plenty of surface dirt for the nassarius snails ?

5. oceansurf

Feeding

I feed my fish every other day. ( not every day ) How do you feel about that?

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I feel fine about that Oceansurf
    I have always missed at least one day per week, feeding 6 out of 7 days only and once per day only on those days so I dont feel I over feed
    as long as my water quality is OK, and the fish look rounded rather than pinched, your probably feeding them enough with the every other day option you use

Steve

7. oceansurf

I have a much smaller set up. ( a 10 gallon ) One of the moderators told me to feed once or twice a week with a varied diet. I had been feeding them every other day. I've had my shrimp for a long time. I never spot feed it & it is just fine.