How many lights should i need

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Seancelebrity, Mar 8, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seancelebrity

Seancelebrity Feather Duster

So i am working on my new tank and buying stuff here and there for it. Its a 240 60x30x25 ... my question is what kind of led light system should i get? and how many. my friend told me to go kessil 360ew and to get 3 of them. any suggestions? all opinions welcome

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i have two radions gen 1 on my 120 but i have had a few issues with them (problems related to the reseller not forcibly echo tech themselves) if you have the skills, time and patience look into DIY leds its way cheaper and you can make the exact lights and size you want.

if i was rich i would get a giesemann futura fixture that thing looks slick

4. Seancelebrity

Seancelebrity Feather Duster

I had a diy and I hated it lol i am looking for something that i dont have to build myself lol.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Kessil are good but man they are expensive (have a 360w) I just took of my 30gal and went with EVERGROW IT2040 and was extremely happy with functions and price. Check out reef radiance as they have multiple light choices

6. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

DIY Evil Clusters would be best, especially in terms of spectrum and efficiency, but not in looks or price. A custom nanobox would be just as good, but much better looking, however more expensive. Kessils wouldn't have the spectrum but do look pretty good and with 2-3 will reduce shadowing. I think I would get 2, possibly 3 Kessils and 1-2+ BML LED strips to help reduce shadowing further.