How many fish died this past week

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

is still havetn seen my firefish in 5 days im assuming the worst

2. Click Here!

3. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

I just have a Question How do you lose fish to ick I have been in this hobby for 20
    + years and have never lost a fish to ick in my tank I have had them come in sick and treated them and sometimes die but not very often usually there is some other parasite or something. Stress is usually what kills them not the ick. how did you get ick to kill 8 fish is my question did you not quarantine 1 that you bought or what? do you feed garlic? In this day and age that is just one thing there is so many ways to treat I cant see losing 8 fish to Ick.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

We haven't lost a fish since the tornado caused us to lose power back in June. I can't remember the last time we lost a fish before then.

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I haven't lost anything, but we lost a lot of fish and coral at the LFS I work at. Spent 2 days running around w/ a flashlight trying to save stuff.

6. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Omg!!

My lionfish gets ick I treat him and he is getting better all spots almost gone he's eating, I passed it off as stress related. This happened all in a period of 2 days. Day 3 comes along and everyone is doing good but my threadfin butterfly, he had little white spots(ick) in the evening and did not eat during feeding time. Everyone else ate and looked good. I wake up the next morning and everyone is DEAD!! My huma huma trigger,koran angel, lionfish, threadfin, Even my banded coral shimp.My anenome crab is good,my mushroom corals, button polys,red grape alge and kenya tree are doing fine. Can ick kill this fast??? What do I do now??? Should I just let the tank go fishless for 6 weeks to kill off the disease?

7. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

I losted a blue chromis. Beat up by his or her big brother or sister.

8. Click Here!

9. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

None here!!! Survived the blizzard with no power loss,one of my coworkers has been without power or heat for about 24 hours now,house is 40 degrees.

10. ShawnsTank

ShawnsTank Fire Worm

Yeah i havent ever quarintined a fish since I usually have the LFS hold my fish in their tank for a couple of weeks before i take it home. But my mom couldnt wait for her purple tang they got two days ago so we brought it home and then ich came. Purple tang died the the second morning and within 5 days or so my whole tank was gone

11. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

lost my lawnmower blenny today. so sad. after i do the omega water change to get rid of the ammonia i will add a regular firefish.

12. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora