how long

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Damsels R Cool, Jan 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

i had ich or clown fish diesease or marine velvet that killed my 2 clowns there is no fish in the tank since thursday last week how long should i wait to add another clown or any other fish

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

well if you want to be sure, about 2 months. Ich can last in a tank about that long. You could probably add fish earlier, but you would be running a risk.

4. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

i'm getting new fishes friday gonna Qt\T them

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yeah......Ich does last a while in the tank. Must run it's life cycle. However, ich is always there, kinda like the common cold to us.....just a little more deadly. Your fish, if kept in a good, healthy environment with stable water conditions and good parameters, will live with the ich around them and not catch it. Or if they catch it, they will be strong enough to fight it off with only 'a cough or two'.

So getting new fish and QTing them is a good idea at this point. I would feel good with waiting a month at the outside. Technically, that is a good QT time anyway.

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Quarantining them is a good idea, allows you to get new fish now, then make sure your DT is good to go.