How long does it take for kenya trees to open up?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Boywithafishtan, Jul 18, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

Hey everyone,

I'm boywithafishtank, and yesterday i bought a small sized kenya tree. This kenya tree was looking awesome in the store, and was very healthy. I put it in my tank, and made it stand in some epoxy, to make sure that it will attach. It has now attached itself to the epoxy, however it wont open up. It just leaning forward, like it really weak. It doesnt have alot of color either, its more purplish/blackish. I can see that the polyps are there, but they are just closed. Deos kenya trees shed, like finger leathers? Cause i know when i added my cladellia for a long time ago, it began to shed right away. Is this a common thing with kenya trees too? I dipped the coral aswell. All my other corals are thriving, but this guy doesn't wanna open up. I know that he has only been here for soon 2 days, but i wanted to make sure hes not unhealthy. Thanks! :)

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Kenya's are really hardy but can be sensitive to change, especially a new tank. Give it a few days and it should perk up.

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

+1
    Agreed

5. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

Ok man! Thanks! All my other leathers have done this too for a couple of days, but then pop right out after a couple of days, just like you mentioned :) Thanks for help guys! Appreciate it :)