How do you guys do this?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by DBOSHIBBY, Sep 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

I'm 22. I currently work for my self maintaing aquariums.

At first, I did it just to support my reef habits while working full time. Now, I maintain aquariums full time. I do what I love!
    I am also in the process of monetizing a reef blog, to keep viewers up to date with reef news, products, etc.

I like to have various sources of incomes at all times.

2. Click Here!

3. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I fell into my good reef fortune. The owner of the company I work for (very wealthy) asked for advice on how to make his tanks look better and when he liked what he saw he hired me to take care of all 5 of em. It also helped that the guy that did take care of them quit :) He let me spend a years earnings at once for my set up and i spent the money i earned on the jobs he payed me for that didnt count as maintence money on coral, fish and more equipment. I also turn so much business at my lfs i get discounted equipment and livestock. Its the only way i am able to have a 250 gallon tank at 28 years old.

1 person likes this.
  4. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

I blow my paycheck every friday on my tank. then realize I have no money for cigs or gas, rent, utilities or other bills.... Surprised Im not homeless ;)... LOL ha ha ha ha.

1 person likes this.
  5. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

Almost sounds like your an addict.. lol

6. kalandra

kalandra Flamingo Tongue

yeah man your tank does not look bad at all . this hobby takes time . and you look to be off to an awesome start .

7. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Thanks man, im trying ;D

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

oh another thing,
    I GET MY LIGHTS THURS!!!
    ill post pics asap.
    its been a long time coming for these lights and i can barely calm down this week. ahah

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

do like I did...I was not able to continue buying all the stuff I wanted for the tanks, so I got a job at the LFS. Gives me a little bit of extra spending money and I get a discount!

11. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

addict would be an understatement... I have a strong passion for this hobby and will do this until the day I die regardless of any financial situation

I feel that reefers are an elite group.

12. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Every hobby is the same way. You can go to the junk yard and get a Jeep and weld the diffs and trash it..... or you can build a $70,000 rock buggy from the ground up. There is no end to most hobbies. People will gladly sell you what you want to pay for. I've spent more on bicycles than I have on my tank.... but the tank is catching up.;D

Don't try to keep up with the Jones's.... you will never make it. Enjoy what you have and playing with your hobby. You won't be young and broke forever. Eventually you will be old and broke.;D