How do I secure soft coral frags?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Crabby Jim, Sep 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

Hey everyone my question is how can I place soft coral frags in my tank and keep them where I want them. I am getting some GSP frags and some other random frags from a friends tank ( he is helping me out since I lost a lot of stuff when I had the power failure) anyway if I wanted to put some Gsp on my overflow how would I do that. How would I secure a finger leather frag? or a mushroom?

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Use super glue gel on the underside of your gsp to secure them to rock or plastic/glass. Use a rubberband or toothpick on leathers and mushrooms. If you're going to use a toothpick, poke the toothpick through the coral then use superglue to secure the toothpick to a piece of rock. The coral will eventually grow onto the rock. Or you can set a plastic container in a low flow area of the tank and put some rock rubble in it. Place your leather, mushroom or other soft coral frags into the container and wait for the frags to attach to a piece of rock.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

if the frags are already on a piece of rock or plug, and if you can remove the rock or whatever you want to put it on, you can buy some epoxy that is meant for underwater bonding, just roll it around and apply, it can hold almost anything

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

+1 on super glue gel

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid