Hovers 70gal FOWLR

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Hoverman, Jan 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hoverman

Hoverman Astrea Snail

Will soon add some coral but not just yet, need a cleaner crew first.

current livestock

Yellow Tang
    Blue Tang
    Brown Scopus Tang
    Half Black Pigmy Angel
    2 Engineer Gobies
    3 Bar Gobies
    Coral Banded Shrimp
    2 Cleaner Shrimp
    Bangai Cardinal
    2 False Percs
    2 Emerald Crabs
    Blood Shrimp
    3 Scarlet Hermits
    Serpant Star

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

looks cool.but dont you think you have alot of fish for a 70?just a question

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

I agree with Nemo.

Not only way too many fish... but also LR shows tank is way to immature for such a bio-load. (IMHO)

I hope it works out for you, but odds and nature are against you...you may want to consider finding another home for some of those fish until your tank has been up a good while. :-/

It takes time...

Learn to Live With It

Adam Blundell M.S. ​

"...As surprising as it may seem your tank will look ugly at first. This happens to all new marine aquariums as they cycle through their initial filtration phase. Your tank may go brown, and then green, and then red, and then just look junky. It happens. Consequently the one coral you really want to keep may not live. You may struggle to raise the prize fish you originally intended to acquire. It's okay; just learn to love whatever is working for you. Remember, not only is this a hobby, but we are keeping living ecosystems. Special efforts should be put forth to enjoy and appreciate what we are keeping, whatever it may be. It takes time and patience to turn a glass box full of rock into a beautiful, thriving reef tank..."

5. Hoverman

Hoverman Astrea Snail

I hope not, I watch the params religiously and, do 5 gal water changes every 3 days, and 10 gal every 4 weeks, just added a 26 gal sump and a 15 gal fuge upgrade from 5gal with some more LR and some more Calurpa.

6. Hoverman

Hoverman Astrea Snail

im trying to figure out how to squeeze in a DSB somewhere next to the sump.

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Sorry, I am the last one that should be implying someone has too many fish in tank. :p

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Wow, that is alot of fish for a 72g. I also have 12 fishes but in a 90g and Im having trouble with no3 at 20ppm and my tank is about 9 yrs old. How long has your tank been set up? I dont know how long you've had your tank stocked this way, but I would wait before buying any corals.

10. Hoverman

Hoverman Astrea Snail

the L/S and most of the LR came from a tank i had up and running about 5 yrs, i added some new LR and ran the tank for about 3 mos then added livestock at about 2 per week
    my no3 fluctuates between 2.5 and 5ppm, its been running with this bio load about 2 months but i just changed my sump and fuge setup over the last couple days.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Ok, sounds good. Just keep an eye on your levels now that you have changed your system. Good luck, Luna.

12. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

ok thats cool no nitrates.must have some good equipment.sorry if you think i dissed your setup didnt mean too.