Hotel 3-Reef

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by szidls, Feb 25, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Hey All,
    Well it's a really sad but exciting time for me right now. My Gal Colleen and I have decided to take a break from reef tanks for the foreseeable future. My 150 gal left last night to a local reefer who should do well with it. Her 90 gal will leave today.:( We have just decided to turn in a new direction. The kids are starting the teen years and life is really busy with things other than reefing. We are hoping to do some more traveling....other than to an lfs...... :LolLolLol
    Just want to say thanks to Matt and everyone who put in the time to make this a first rate reef site.:2thumbsup I guess I will have to live through all your tanks for my reefing fix.;D So stealing a lyric from the Eagles. I'm checking out from the hotel 3-Reef.........But I can never leave.
    Best, Scott

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Bummer Scott. However, it's better to take a break and then come back to it than it is to keep running your tank and not want the hassle.

Is Colleen resigning from the PSAS?

Your daughters tanks were always neat too. Is she taking hers down?

4. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Hey Curt,
    Yea we are tankless for the first time since I can remember. Colleen is still psas president. She really enjoys the club. Not sure if she will continue this coming year as planning has already started for that. It's really up to her. It really is time to take a break. Even if we had a small tank it still ties the family up with maintenence, water changes and worrying about leaving the tank for any length of time. Looking forward to being able to catch a last minute flight to somewhere warm during the winter for a weekend.
    Scott:)

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Sorry to hear it but sometimes you have to do other things that are more important than reefing...I can't believe I just said that but it is true! Best of luck with your endeavors where ever they may lead!
    Don't forget us here at 3reef!

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

If you ever go into withdrawal and think, "If I don't do a waterchange soon, I'll go insane", I only live 5 miles from the airport in St. Louis and I'll gladly pick you up. ;D

7. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Hey CR, Thanks for well wishes. Sometimes other things are more important than reefing. I can't believe I said that either.....Doh! Keep playing that Buffett man.

As for you Curt...........I came down to check the tank this morning and realized it was gone. If I was in town I would give you a hand any time doing WC. Just don't ask me to clean the skimmer cup.:skull: :skull: :skull: ;D
    Scott

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry to hear this szidls. I've enjoyed your posts here and you are always welcome. I'm going through a bit of this now, but the reef bug goes in cycles and I am sure I'll see you here again once the kids are in college. ;) :)

Take care!

matt