horned guppy?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by liegeofinveracity, Aug 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    i was checking out my guppy tank tonight and noticed a female with horns:eek: at first i thought she was eating a piece of plant or something but upon further inspection,she's got horns like an arrowana they are about a half inch long and yellowish green? i've been breeding guppies for forever and never saw this before. anyone else seen or heard of this?

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

a picture would be great.... but i know absolutely nothing about freshwater... maybe some type of wierd growth or possible tumor or something?

4. liegeofinveracity

unfortunately i can't post pics till i fix my cd drive and reinstall my camera, i wouldn't rule out a tumor if they didnt look so natural, picture a guppy with an arrowanas little horns

5. liegeofinveracity

nobody? i could be on the verge of a whole new type of guppy here

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

maybe its a std. to much unprotected guppy sex lol.
    if its a mutation you could breed them as a new type

7. liegeofinveracity

thats the plan, she's a rather dull guppy. today i moved her to another tank and im gonna try to breed her with a fancy tail and see what happens,if that doesn't work its back in the main tank with her and hopefully i'll get a few more, i wish i could post a pic these "horns" are really cool. i haven't been able to find anything about horned guppies online.

8. Click Here!

9. wade_310

wade_310 Astrea Snail

No there is a type of "chub"-(thats what my grandpa calls them) that are in the river running by his house, that also have horns. I was amazed when i caught one and no one believed me until i showed them. I think they are call rosey chubs or bull chubs something like that.

10. wade_310

wade_310 Astrea Snail

The horns are located on the top of the head. right like a bunch of grey bumps.