holy worm! Eunicids ?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Swisswiss, May 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

first off sorry i haven't been very active as of late....life you know....

life has also brought me to a stage where I am dismantling my tank for various reason but fear not most of the inhabitants are well (my toby, my YBBtang, my CBB, my two true P, my amp. p. cleaner wrasse and male and female mandarins, coral beauty...oh and that immortal yellow tale blue damsel) and ill be back in the game soon

unfortunately i have lost most of my anemones and corals as well as my yellow tang :(! I was away for too long and things slowly got out of control...

anyway in the process of dismantling my tank i came across wormzilla this dude is at least 30cm long and must have been growing steadily in my tank these past years..... needless to say i never saw him till today and almost....what am i saying almost...i did freak out.

i know some of you have an anti worm policy going but if i could spare a life i would prefer, heck ill bring it back to my fish store and let them have fun with it...OR.... i could try keeping it for when i place a sump in the new setup, well either way an ID would be appreciated.

as always thank you for the help

regards
    -jeff-

Attached Files:

Katya likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Purple Spiny Lobster

I don't know what it is but it's very cool. I've had larger bristles bother a fish that was sick before, and they likely were around 6". They seemed to be trying to eat it before it was dead and it would swim away and find another place in the rock to hide and eventually get attacked again. It's possible this added stress kept it from getting better. I definitely wouldn't put it back in a display if you decide to keep it and sump ban him.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

it does look like a eunicid to me - so happy to see you here posting again swiss! I'm glad to hear you'll be back in the game soon!

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale