Hollywood stunner and meteor shower

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Reakwonthachef, May 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reakwonthachef

Reakwonthachef Feather Duster

I buy a lot of near death corals from an overstocked store. I recently picked up a meteor shower cyphastrea and a holly wood stunner chalace. It took a month for them to regain life and now I have some questions:

Meteor shower- from pics/posts it looks like this can take over a tank like GSP. Is there anyother encruster I can put around this to stop it from creeping all over my rock? It's an awesome color but I want to keep it to one rock. The rock is glued in place on the reef so I can't take it out to frag. I also have a BB so it will grow on that if I put it on the bottom.

Hollywood stunner - First time ive witnessed this things sweeper tentacles. They are 2" long and the coral is only 2", do the sweepers get longer as the coral grows? How much sting do these pack?

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

4. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

The stunners tentacles can get quite long and will get longer. I have seen them up to about 6 inches. And the sting can inflict some damage.

5. rovster

rovster Plankton

My stunners tentacles were 5". Had to get rid of it. No room for it in my nano. Nice coral.