Hole in head line erosion

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by abraKADAV3R!, Feb 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

Im almost 100% sure my clowns have hole in the head disease...So i did my googleing and no one knows what causes it I have like a million different answers, Im just wondering what some first hand experience 3reefers had with it

ANYBODY??????????

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

poor water quality is almost always behind it.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Do you have a grounding probe? What and how often are you feeding?

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Well I have not had this experience with saltwater my Oscar had it. I was always told it was poor water quality and I did not always keep his tank the cleanest so I was willing to accept that answer.

6. fishywoman

fishywoman Astrea Snail

I had a royal gramma and a blue chromis that came with my tank that had what I believe was this disease. When we got the tank we moved it to an area that has more natural sunlight and we also were using Kordon Rid-Fungus for a sailfin that had fungus. During this time both fish started improving and grew new tissue, the gramma is now perfect - I think I have pictures of him in my album.

Other notes: we did not have a uv filter. We also used vita chem in the tank - I put 5 drops each on 2 pieces of dried algae as a treat for the fish.

I did read online, although I don't remember where about an aquarium that moved fish with the disease to an outside tank and had improvements....