Hi! New member with gorgeous Goldie pics!

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by JewelsOranda, Jul 20, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and would love to share my Goldies with you:) These guys live in a nice big pond during our warm months and come inside for the Winter because here In Florida, The weather can be harsh on them from too many temp changes. Today was their Summer check-up and I decided to snap pixs while I was checking them over to make sure their all disease and parasite free.[​IMG][​IMG]
    The next one is from a spawning earlier this yr.. She/he will stay with us. The others are in need of new homes.[​IMG]
    Here are my orandas[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Heres my Demekin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    These are my fry
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing! I'm looking forward to seeing other member pics and sharing Goldie stories!::)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to 3reef J.O.! Cool pic(s). Your fish seem to be complacent.
    [​IMG]

4. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

Thank You:) Yes, they are very friendly and enjoy their fish mom..lol I spend alot of time with them.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef.
    Nice looking livestock. Always wanted a pond outside the house but settled with a large display tank in the house instead.

6. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

Thank you;) I use to keep them indoors myself. I decided the outdoors would spice their colors up nicely. The pond does get netted during night hrs... we have some very sneaky creatures here:disappoin

7. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Good lookin fish, I was just thinkin the other day while walking past the pond display at Lowe's about how cool it would be to have a koy (or coy??) pond...

8. Click Here!

9. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

(Koi)Pond;) Well as cool as it seems it's hard work. We have 2 ponds 1 is for Koi the other is for the GF. Koi require more room so you would need atleast a 1,000 g pond for 1 koi.:)

10. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Very nice looking fans. It is obvious that you spend time with them! Karma to you if I can figure out how to do it!;D:confused:

11. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Nice Oranda's! We imported some Koi's the other day 2-3 feet in length for a customer... The retail cost with shipping was $15,000 EACH. They ordered 5 for a 3,000g outdoor display.

12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Very cool setup, wish I could do something like that here but simply no room inside for another tank and the winters here in oklahoma are brutal so no ponds with livestock for me :(