Hi from Chi-town!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by reyno26, Apr 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

please spare the fish the stress and burning of the gills from amonia also dont put a damsel in that tank unless that is all you want they are aggresive and tend to harase other tank mates to death

2. Click Here!

3. reyno26

reyno26 Astrea Snail

I've taken some LR from my 37 gal (I'm down to 800 lbs of LR now) for the new tank already and put some of my sand in there. I'd prefer to cycle without putting any fish in crisis (I just lost my 3 yr old Banghai Cardinal and you would have thought my granny died). Shrimp it is then. Is it okay to take the water from my 37 gal & put it in the 90? I wanted to transfer everything over to the 90 gal, so I left room for the 37 gal water. Is this okay, or not?

4. reyno26

reyno26 Astrea Snail

I have an Allen Damsel in my 37 gal and aside from "puffing up" on a new introduction, he's been pretty tame.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Do you spare the fish from stress when you cook it to eat...:-/

Plus I don't think you are speaking from experience on the yellow tail because if you have only one in the tank and not two there will be no problems at all. I share experience not hear say, worked just fine for me and tons of others.

Plus if you are starting a tank with established rock and sand from another aquarium then it will not be a hard cycle.

6. reyno26

reyno26 Astrea Snail

I spare the fish about as much as I spare the cow..........;D

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

;) Me 2

8. Click Here!

9. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

ok how would you feel if I put you in a house full of pesticide and told you to make it clean to live in same therory

when I eat fish I kill it instantly not a long painfull death that it dosn't deserve this is an old school method of cycling and with the knoledge we know now about the cycle process there is no need to introduce a fish that could possibly bully a more sensitive and much more expensive fish later on and kill that other fish

no I dont have any damsels in my tank and dont want them I have tried a few and they were a major pita but 2 out of 3 died in the first week of cycle I will not ever make that mistake again

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

3 fish in a cycling tank, no wonder you lost them. I know what works for me so you can go ahead and do what ever you want. This information is free...take it or leave it for the next person to decide.

11. reyno26

reyno26 Astrea Snail

Can't we all get along? :cheesy: Change of topic - how about using the water from my 37 in the 90?

12. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

yea using the water and all the rock from your old tank will help lessen the cycle emensely