Hey kids!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Happycat, Nov 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Hey! Welcome aboard :) Greetings from The Netherlands :)

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

4. Happycat

Happycat Plankton

Luna: I'm still in the process of buying equiptment and planning - no tank yet, so no pics. My FWs are kinda in "transition" right now, so they're aren't looking too neato. I'm going to plant them soon, then I can show them off. ;)

Jwin: I totally understand going as big as you can for your first tank, but I'm pretty set on a 29 gallon. I've been researching on and off for... well, about a year. And I still have way more to learn, of course. Your friends setup is pretty neat. I'm going to start off with an HOB AquaC Remora skimmer, but I'll eventually graduate to a sump system. Money is a little tight for jobless highschoolers. My parents are helping me out with the money, but I'm still limited for now. I'd love to get a job at my lfs in the spring. A little income for the hobby, plus I'd just love to work in there all day. Oh, and I'm a junior. You?

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Greetings and welcome to 3reef. I had a 29g set up about 15 years ago. It's a good size. Definately better on the pocketbook compared to the larger tanks.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Welcome to 3reef!! :wave: Sounds like someone's been doing their homework! Good for you, you should do fine!

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I'm a senior. College next year...woohoo. And I know the "money is tight for jobless highschoolers" thing. And it is 110% true. I'm going on a school interim trip that's Scuba Diving and Sailing in the bahamas this Feb...meaning I'm going to be in debt to my parents all stinkin summer. It will hopefully be worth it though. And I've still got a car to pay for once some form of income starts up again. Then college payments. Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

8. Click Here!

9. bc219

bc219 Millepora

One piece of advice I have is the filtration... I did a lot of research on filtration, or so I thought. Everything seemed to point me to a wet/dry filter, which I bought, then once I got involved in this forum I learned that what I really wanted was a sump/refugium!

10. Happycat

Happycat Plankton

Ya, I'm planning on adding a sump sometime along the way, but I have a somewhat limited amout of money to start with. Thanks for the tip!