Hey guys!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by chefbenry89, Sep 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chefbenry89

chefbenry89 Plankton

Wow! this hobbie is so cool!!! amongst expensive, demanding, dangerous, and many other things... I LOVE IT!!!

My name is Ben i am new to here and just want to say hello to everyone!! and please come help me out! I am new to this hobby also and i have managed to set up a 55 gal on my own... then i got the internet adn learned that maybe should have done alot more research!!!!

My equipment is a 55 gal tank, canasterfilter, and sump with built in protein skimmer and refugium. (the sump is three compartments)
    Oddysea 250W metal halide, 64W PC, and moonlights.

MY current tank inhabitants are mostly inverts, but adding fish SLOWLY!!!
    40 white, 40 blue, 10 red hermits, 2 Anemone crabs, 1 Pom Pom crab, 1 red mithrax crab(hides more then the pompom), 1 sexy shrimp, 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 serpent Star, 1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp living with 1 Black-ray Goby, and one scooter blennie. one peice of coral, maybe zooanthids but i cant find anything that looks like it.

My tank cycled for a whole month with 70# live sand and 60# live rock and some macro algeas before adding the inverts, when i added them i got the goby for the pistol shrimp wated two weeks and the water was perfect so i added the blennie. at this point it has beein three weeks and i am going to add a peice of SPS coral and a small polyp frag tomorrow! im soo excited!

Not sure about the future, all plans went out the window!!:angry: and watching an empty tank became reality! planing on maybe a flame angel and kole tang. any thoughts and suggestions welcome!;D

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Sounds nice, need pictures.....pics are a must......
    Welcome to 3Reef!!

4. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

Welcome to 3reef. Would love to see some pics of your setup. Sounds like your well on your way. Wrasse are great fish. I have a yellow Coris wrasse and love him. They are heavy swimmers and for the most part easy to take care of.

5. jossmalo

jossmalo Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Welcome to 3reef! If you have some time post some pictures! We love pictures!

It's always a dream to see all the hard work and dedication come together in a tank. It also sounds like you have some nice equiptment!

6. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

Hi Ben, Welcome to 3reef!

as stated above would love to see some pics!

7. chefbenry89

chefbenry89 Plankton

yea alright let me get some for you!

8. Click Here!

9. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Nice setup. I read you only have one sexy shrimp, you should get more they definitely look better in groups. Also, you are way better off than how I started.

10. bama

bama Humpback Whale

welcome to threereef, is da bes dern place on this internets..

11. chefbenry89

chefbenry89 Plankton

Thanks! i kinda want to but i am sure thaat he is doomed in there! the pistol shrim is much larger than him, do you know if he is in danger?

12. chefbenry89

chefbenry89 Plankton

You guys see anything that looks wrong?
    [​IMG]