Hey guy's I need Help!!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Big-B, Oct 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Big-B

Big-B Plankton

Today when I was looking at my tank I noticed that one of my corals has some white stuff growing on it. I have had thise coral for three years and it has always been pretty healthy I dont know what is going on with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just tested my water and Sg 1025, ph 8.2-8.3, akl 9, Amonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate near 0, calcium 450 ppm, temp 79 deg, phosphate near 0. I have the coral in a medium current.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you look below real close you can see white spot's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anybody could help me with this problem I would appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

It looks like mesenterial filaments to me. Now, whether they belong to the candycane or to a neighboring coral is unclear. If it belongs to the candycane, something is ticking it off. If it belongs to another coral, something is ticking that coral off enough for it to release its filaments to perhaps seek out and destroy its neighboring corals.

4. Big-B

Big-B Plankton

The only thing that is kind of close but not touching my candy cane coral is my pulsing xenia

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Not likely that the xenia is the culprit. You might want to consider moving the candy cane. Are you running carbon 24/7?

6. Big-B

Big-B Plankton

So is that what you think it is something is stressing it out? Well I do have a devils hand leather a few inches away from my candy cane coral

[​IMG]

In this pic they look alot closer than what they really are I would say that they are about 3 inches from each other

7. Big-B

Big-B Plankton

No I am not running any carbon

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Any time you mix soft corals (especially leathers) with other corals, there's going to be some chemical warfare. The only solution, really is to do frequent water changes, run a good quality carbon 24/7 or get rid of the offending corals.

10. Big-B

Big-B Plankton

thanks. I do a 10 gallon water change every week I will try running carbon. My tank is only 40 gallons