Hey from a "Home Zoo" in Hong Kong!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by micstarz, May 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. micstarz

micstarz Astrea Snail

I think I've heard that name! I've definitely heard that name...but I can't recall from where. Probably Tonmo. Well I'm keeping my cuttle on it's own because it's the only one of it's size that I can find. I find that cuttles don't stress easily at all. A bumpy bus ride home didn't phase him and he ate a shrimp within moments of being placed into his new breeder box. I don't know about cannibalization but thanks for the warning. I'm going to think twice before finding him a companion (I heard they perk up and have more active lives with companions). Mine is pretty tame; originally only accepted shrimp but started eating crabs and dead shrimp. Now I can finger feed him most of the time. He's yet to learn to beg for food, though. I guess it's because I'm on the computer next to his tank all the time and he doesn't really associate my presence with food.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

4. micstarz

micstarz Astrea Snail

I thought so! His name sounds very familiar!

I have a feeding video, where Tanzaeu (my cuttle) lunges at a crab from my hand. He as a different attack method for different prey items. For shrimp, he slowly raises his tentacles and reaches out his hunting tentacles as close to the shrimp as possible before grabbing it. For fish, he shoots out the tentacles as quickly as possible before the fish can react, and for crabs, he just lunges his whole body at it. Here's the crab technique.

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Unfortunately, I am You Tube blind at work so I'll have to view it from home over the weekend :(

6. micstarz

micstarz Astrea Snail

Well it's not even working for me either...haha!

7. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I made the same mistake the first time I tried to post a video... When you do the youtube thing only the last part (GFdMWlv2cTo) goes in the bracket.

8. Click Here!

9. micstarz

micstarz Astrea Snail

Ah...alright :D

Thanks for reposting it for me!

10. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal