hey all 1st coral ?'s

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by jerryswafford, Feb 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jerryswafford

jerryswafford Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hey guys bought myfirst corals couple of days ago,the lfs guy had my lr ON TOP!of my leather mushroom stalk was bentin a wierd angle and the frag was sharp i looked for cuts didnt see any it opened up with in a couple of hours..any way upgraded to t5 hada small slime from the foot since i glued it in was clear now it looks like a couple of polyps have broken off the side and are stuck in it.....is it normal?also i just read not to put it next to zoas.a whole rock seperates them is that ok or doesit need to be on the other end or the tank.......

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Not sure about the slime stuff, but generally toadstools will secrete a slim that essentially peels off the glue you just used. The best way to attach them to a rock I've found is to place them in a cup with some rubble rock in an area of very little flow and let them attach themselves.

4. jerryswafford

Yeah the guy at my lfs is the one who told me to attach them like that... I didnt like the idea (it dont work that great either). It looks like it is doing ok but what do I know im new lol said it once ill say it again ...i couldn't live w/o 3reef!

5. exoticsteve2001

exoticsteve2001 Feather Duster

I've had my leathers do better close to or in the bottom of the tank in the sand

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I tried the super glue thing too when I first got my toadstool. It lasted for about 2 weeks and then it came unglued. For future reference, any kind of mushroom doesn't take to super glue.

7. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

my toadstool just moved off the LR it came on, onto a huge chunk of rock. Then i just removed the chunk of LR it came on, just give it time to attach

8. Click Here!

9. jerryswafford

ok i think i will move it lower away form the zoas i dont want it releasing toxins thanks for the help all k+ to all