Her's/His BC14's - Suggest a mate for a Mocha Clown - pg 9

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by sticksmith23, Nov 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Does anyone have good or bad experiences with this tank? I am planning on buying two of them to put my brood stock clowns in. They will only have a pair of clowns in them with a bare bottom and one clay pot. There will be no live rock either.

So lighting isn't an issue and there only needs to be enough filtration to take care of two fish. I just don't want to make a bad purchase. I know JBJ makes a tank similar as well. My wife just wants a tank that has the all the filtration built in and likes the clean look. Got to keep the wife happy lol. ;D

Edit: These are brood stock tanks mainly for our clowns that we plan on breeding

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I've never owned one myself, but here's a bump for your question. Maybe someone from the evening crowd has one and will chime in. :)

FWIW, I don't recall hearing anything bad about them...

1 person likes this.
  4. tst400

tst400 Astrea Snail

5. sjnovakovich

sjnovakovich Bristle Worm

JBJ is open over the filter area, whereas the biocube hood covers the entire top. This makes maintenance much easier for the JBJ. I would think that since these are bood tanks, you would want easy access for filter changes. The opening over the filter area in the JBJ also allows for better gas exchange.
    Just some things to consider.

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I hated mine stock. Im in the process of changing all that now. But my pump had some issues. It would somehow suck in air and shoot bubbles all over the tank, despite the fact that the water level was never too low. For two clowns it would work just fine, but plumbing the two systems together could be a fun and beneficial project if you are willing to do so. But then again, this is coming from someone who really HATED their biocube's stock pump and filtration. lol

7. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

i love my 29g. ofc ive made a lot of tweeks and upgrades, still perfect for my tiny apartment

10. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

So far, everything seems to be going good with them. I don't really care for the price lol, but I'm sure that we will love them.

11. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

mine was 280 + 250 for the LR +50 for new pump, 80 for skimmer 50 for over powered PH. Its my first salt tank and the all in one feature had me sold.
    soon we'll be upgrading a new top and lights by Steves LEDs for about 300 then i can grow almost anything and never worry about heating issues or replacing crappy 16" PC lighting

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Sounds like you are really enjoying your biocube. Can you post a pic? That upgraded light looks pretty sweet as well.