Hermits breeding

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by mufassathelion, Apr 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mufassathelion

mufassathelion Skunk Shrimp

aight hers the deal. i actually watched a 3 way orgy or a fight of dominance in the tank today.actually kept taking pics threw out the fight. It has been witnessed all day. So here's my story. Along with some pics as well. wish i new how to do the video woulda been cool to watch but i will do the best i can do

This morning/afternoon i had noticed 2 crabs hole to hole. now we all know they fight for shells but this fight dont last 3 hours. that how long i was gone. I tend to hand feed small pieces of shirp to my lta's and a piece to my lps coral. well i decided to '' investigate''these 2 crabs. pulled them apart set the one down looked inside the other shell sure enough there was one in it also. now these 2 crabs have been hole to hole for 3 or more hours. not thinking anything about it. Im goin to assume the "male" returnd and found the female in 10 seconds. I only dropped them 8 inches apart or close to. they started there thing again so i started snapping pics with my cam...

watchin......click...click...click... a 3rd carb came into the fight... 3way crab sex wow. then as im clickn away few seconds inbtween we allknow how slow cams are.(wife has the camera) as u can see between the posts here the 2 males fighting for dominance. this battle between the 2 lasted a good 5-10 minutes.. It appears the smaller male one.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Maybe they're just fighting each other. Did you feed them?

4. mufassathelion

this is the summary of the fights. lol quit a interestin watch...witch leads me to ask. has anyone bred hermits

Attached Files:

5. mufassathelion

i thought at first they were fighting but when the third one jumped in the mix made me wanna lean towards a breeding session.

6. divott

divott Giant Squid

hope you covered your kids eyes. lol cool pics tho. are you reaslly dr.ruth?

7. mufassathelion

LMFAO..ummmmmmm.no but i thought those here at 3reef would 1 enjoy the story 2nd think that the pics were cool to look at. i coulda posted all 30 pics of em. but i did the summary

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

like i said, excellent job on the blow by blow events. lol. very interesting. i might look atmine a little differently

1 person likes this.
  10. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

thats the FUNNIEST thing i've read on here today lmao. k+