Here's the 240 I have been doing.

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by apollo'sowner, Aug 20, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

This is a friend's. She has limited funds so a lot of it was done retro-style. The tank was bought from Aqua Works in pensacola and soon after set-up the combing began cracking. The owner wouldn't do anything about it so I center braced it. Come to find out an 8 foot tank should have had several center braces. Guess he was trying to make as much profit as he could. So far it has held. Last I heard he was going out of business. I took room-to-room adjoining wall out and built stand from 4x4s. Tanks back wall is open to rear room with 3 sides viewable. Operating for 2.5 months.
    400# CaribSea Bimini Pink LS
    Approx 150# fuji LR
    hard and soft corals
    3 fish (1 maroon clown, 2 tangs)
    assorted inverts
    2x400wt 14000k
    4x110 actinic
    2x1500gph Quite ones closed loop
    2x Maxijet 1200
    2x700gph Quiet ones (sump return, Kent Cyclone skimmer)
    Turbotwist 18wt
    kalk doser
    auto topoff RO/DI
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Low tech I know, but as I said there is limited funds for this project.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Monacle

Monacle Skunk Shrimp

Hey!... that looks fantastic... and anyone who says you can't be low tech and highest dollar must be spent on everything, well, just has too much money. Take your time and improve the things over time that need to be improved. Great Job.... Karma coming your way. Keep up the good work, and make some supports for the top of that tank if you hadn't already: I had a 240 gallon tank literally explode in my house and that is not good in any way. GL to you
    GLTA

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Is that a real rock wall on the stand or simulated panels?

5. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

Real rock. She went all out on the rock for new fireplace, floor and lots more. That's why limited funds for tank, but getting better. Just bought and curing out 140# more rock and added more watrer flow and few other things.

6. queshibo

queshibo Astrea Snail

This is an awesome aquarium and im thinkin about setting up a 180 but have no idea what size sump(s) i will need, also i see that there is no overflow, but you have drilled into it. is that pvc pipe facing upward your "overflow" can you help set up mine or have some input. the tank that im going to buy, (used) has the same type plumbing. what other equipment, are you running multiple skimmers.

7. milesm4

milesm4 Spaghetti Worm

That looks really cool, good to see that it can be done on a little $.

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Marvelous! Tank Envy. Looks very nice, I can tell there is plenty of room for the coral to grow also.