Here Is my 90 Gallon tank stand.

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Chris Jones, Aug 4, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

;D Here is the stand I built to accomodate the tank and refugium. it is built out of five 2"x4"x12' boards for the frame. cut up to make the deminsions of 42" high, 24" deep, and 48" wide. I don't recommend this to beginner woodworkers :confused: , because if you are going to build it square, and put a finished wood around the frame, you had better have skills or else you will go through some money in wood. :mad:
    The doors are not on yet, because I have not built them yet. I am thinking of some router designs. ::)

I made it so the ends will have doors on them too. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
    The width of the side door opening just happens to be wide enough to slide my refugium in and out nicely. :smoking: so maintenance will no longer feel like an evolution of biblical preportions. :devil:

I left the rear half uncovered on top to allow for ventilation. The top is a grade A 3/4" plywood, finished in birch.

The sides were bordered with strips of a finished 1/2" plywood, and the front was framed with 1"x6" boards.

Here are my pics.
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Chris Jones

more pics.

Attached Files:

4. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Beautiful stand! Did you also make the table to the left of it? Looks like the same finish. If you didn't. its a good match!

Mike

5. Chris Jones

LOL funny you should say that because my wife made that for my Birth day. It was a project she took on. it is a bar that she rescued from a garbage pile!, and she made and tiled the top and fabricated the base you see with the same finish.
    She was the one who recommended the finish that I used for the stand. So it is good to know that they can be in the same room together. LOL thanks for the compliment.