Urgent help?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by James.jcb.baker, Jul 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. James.jcb.baker

James.jcb.baker Flamingo Tongue

Hey there, this is my first post. I could really do with some advise. The problem is i have an established tank, with 2 green chromis, two clown fish and a short nose puffer. The LFS said that i'd be fine adding a cleaner wrasse, so i did.

I know the wrasse cleanes parasites off other fish but it tires doin it to the puffer but the puffer twitches and swims away from it, it seems to be distressing the puffer. Does anyone know if it is something the puffer will eventually be ok with or should i remove the wrasse?

I'd be gratefull for any help? thanks

2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

IMO i would be more worried about the wrasse because unless he is eating pellets, brine, mysis or flakes he will eventually die because of the fact there is no ick for him/her to consume. Ick is in the tank but if the fish are somewhat healthy it is no use.

4. James.jcb.baker

Yeah the wrasse is eating brine and seems to be doing fine, its just the puffer im worries about... thought he'd do somethin to stand uo for himself but its just hiding most of the tiem now with its tail curled to the side

5. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Dogface I assume? Maybe by the cleaner picking off the loose skin the suction might be to much for him.

6. hender

hender Fire Shrimp

could be a false cleaner wrasse ?

7. James.jcb.baker

yeah its a dogface, n i guess it must be too much for him but dont know what to do about it? pretty sure its a regular cleaner wrasse

8. Click Here!

9. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Is the puffer eating and if so then I wouldn't worry.

1 person likes this.
  10. James.jcb.baker

yeah it seems to be the only time i see it now, where as before the wrasse took over it was always at the front of the tank lol

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Cleaner wrasses are known to "cheat" a little bit and grab some extra along with the parasites sometimes. That could be distressing the puffer.

12. James.jcb.baker

Ah right that would make sence. Think I'll take it back to the fish shop :-(